However, to fix the issue you will need to do a couple of extra steps other than launching iTunes and pressing the Backup or Restore buttons. To speed up things, whenever you create a backup download the stock firmware, iTunes uses your old backup files.
Just follow the steps below, and you can repair your firmware with iTunes. Restoring iPhone firmware is a great solution to a lot of iPhone-related problems.
- Try using a different computer or replace your cable.
- These apply to all iPhone models and iOS versions, including iOS 10, iOS 11.1.4, iOS 12, iOS 13, iOS 14, iOS 15, iOS 16, and further updates.
- Although, there is no clear iOS software repair service offered by Apple.
- The firmware problem might be solved by the latest iTunes version.
- After your selection, click “Next” to download the firmware.
Whenever you encounter any iOS update error, try the above fixes and enjoy the benefits of your latest iOS. Simply restarting or rebooting your iPhone can fix failed update error. You can contact Apple support free assistance on any iOS issue. Although, there is no clear iOS software repair service offered by Apple. However, the new self-service repair program by Apple would allow you to fix hardware issues.
You can then copy them back should you need them later. Yes, you can use the Standard Repair of Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) as mentioned above. It can repair most iOS system issues without data loss. The rest of the process is the same – in Finder/iTunes. When the device is detected in Recovery Mode, you will get an option to restore the iPad.
An internal error occurred (CRC error). An internal error occurred (Data size exceeds limits). The product did not start the new firmware. If you are still having problems, send a service report to Victron Energy.